Some fires require that your contents and furnishings be inventorized, packed and safely transported to a secure, climate-controlled location for cleaning, deodorization, restoration and storage until the structural restoration is complete. Be assured that ServiceMaster of Redmond technicians are fully trained and will treat your possessions with the utmost care.
1. Sign an authorization form.
2. Identify immediate need items. (Medication, emergency clothing, etc.)
3. Identify items to keep in your possession. (Personal valuables, jewelry, etc.)
4. Assist with restore versus replace decisions, especially regarding family heirlooms and sentimental items.
5. Be available on-site during packout and redelivery.
1. Coordinate activities with your insurance claims representative
2. Separate items that will not be moved, including items that will not be restored
3. Pack, provide general inventory and transport your belongings to a secure facility. We will provide you with a copy of the general inventory.
4. Perform restoration, cleaning, deodorization, repacking and storage.
5. Provide regular, frequent communication regarding the progress of your restoration claim.
6. Arrange for redelivery of your household belongings once restoration and construction are complete.
This is ultimately your decision. Some things you may want to consider are safety concerns, odors, electricity, noise from equipment etc. If vacating your premises for any length of time consider the following: forward your mail to your temporary residence; stop newspaper and other deliveries; notify utility company, cable company etc., of temporary suspension of services.
There are some items that may require general contractors such as drywall/painting; electrical; plumbing; roofing; framing/finish carpentry; flooring/carpet; installation of doors, windows, cabinets, post-construction cleanup, etc.
Depending on the sources, nature and extent of the fire, it maybe best to remove all belongings to a secure facility for cleaning, storage and to make room for restoration or construction. ServiceMaster of Redmond will work with you and your insurance claims representative to manage this process.
Yes, with advance notice we can schedule time for a ServiceMaster of Redmond technician to meet with you and provide access to your requested items. A service charge may apply.
Some high-value items require restoration by a specialist. Working with your insurance claims representative, we can help you identify these and locate a qualified restorer.
Ultimately you, the property owner, are responsible for payment and will need to sign a form authorizing payment for the restoration services. If this is an insurance claim, ServiceMaster of Redmond generally collects only the deductible (co-payment) amount from you and bills the balance to your insurance provider as a service to you. If you have a large loss, your mortgage company may be included as a payee on the payment from your insurance company, and you may need to obtain a signature from them as well. If your claim is not covered by insurance or you decide not to file claim, you will be expected to pay in full.